Am Antenna For Talking House Transmitter
Posted on November 3, 2015
Hi Guys Sorry i’m not on much been busy antenna construction and manuals etc.
Let me tell you about the antenna i built and used.
I will not Disclose to much do to i’m still making update to the antenna.
1) Talking House 5.0 with original power supply.
2) 25 feet of RG6u cable loss loss. ( I found using any more length loss was more noticeable)
3) Talking Sign Atu ( Fcc Approved )
4) Antenna Is aprox 6 foot in length. ( This Is all i disclose at this time ).
5) NOTE: NO COMPRESSOR OR LIMITER WAS USED IN TEST !!!!
1) Talking House 5.0 TX was in garage, 3 feet 8 inches from floor to bottom of tx in a single level home.
2) ATU & ANT Was placed 15 feet and 8 inches away from the house in a east direction.
3) ATU Was mounted 5 feet 3 inches from ground and meter faced north.
4) ANTENNA Was mounted 6 feet of ground. ( Ground to bottom of ant element ).
5) Attached 75 ohm cable to TX Then placed cable 5 feet 3 inches off ground and ran in a horzontial position to the ATU unit.
6) REPEAT NO EXTRA GROUND WAS ADDED !!!!
Just antenna & power supply Ground that came with the talking house 5.0 transmitter!!!
1) Truck Radio Used PANASONIC DP22
2) My North and west where my better range. 4 miles good, 4.6 mile fringed.
3) My east and south was not to hot. 1/2 mile good, up to 1 mile very spotty.
When i drove out north i put my radio audio volume on 20 i only really had 1 complete small drop out ( 2 feet ),But the rest was a good signal.
To give you an idea on what my signal was take a commercial 1,000 watt am station about 40 mile from you that’s what my signal sound like at 2 mile and even at 4 miles away on a car radio.
I will reply to your questions,But please give me time i’m a busy person at this time.
If You would like more information you can find me at the ALPB meeting and you can always ask me question there.
ALPB Meeting 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month at 8pm eastern time.