- September 17, 2018 at 4:09 pm #106369pete tridishParticipant
Total posts : 1
i’m new here, have been looking around for a forum where people are knowledgeable about the free edition of zara radio. i have two questions–
1) the computer i am using has a small hard drive. is there a way for zara to play random songs from a folder that is on an external harddrive? or do all the songs have to be in some folder on the computers own hard drive?
2) I’d like to be able to play a bunch of songs at random from a folder. I know i can schedule an event to play a random song from a folder, but is there some way to schedule, let’s say, two hours of random songs from the “jazz” folder? or alternatively, is there a way to schedule an event to generate and run a new random playlist?
petriSeptember 17, 2018 at 4:13 pm #106373ArtisanRadioParticipant
Total posts : 566
1) Folders can be anywhere. External drives, USB flash drives, SD cards, etc.
2) Yes, you set up a playlist that plays a random song from the specific folder, and set Zara to ‘repeat’. It will cycle through, continuing to play random songs from that folder, until another event occurs. So you would set up an event to, say, start playing that particular playlist at noon, and you could then set up another event to do something else at 2:00pm, etc.
We have plenty of members here who are familiar with Zara, so ask away.September 17, 2018 at 6:08 pm #106374Carl BlareParticipant
Total posts : 1540
Zara Has Many Features
Yes, I can also tell you that Zara can play from any hard-drive that your computer and other software is able to save/load from.
Using a sequential file list might be a way of programming many songs, but I’m not sure it permits random play.
Sticking with the way described by Artisan Radio is probably the most direct way of achieving random play, although Zara usually offers many different ways of doing things.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.