Total posts : 45366
OMG. I’m not sure any further response to this entire thread is necessary from me anyway. But I will point out a few things that obviously even photos don’t seem to be enough.
1. The photo collection DOES show the same transmitter under test. Look more closely.
2. The photos show how the two setup configurations were made…and point out that both are in the real world beyond the confines of a warm cozy room and beyond the simple wire.
3. The photos do show how BOTH test conditions used a SIMPLE ground system..ie one shows a ground rod, the other shows ground via the power socket.
4. The poolside set of photos demonstrates a ground level setup kin to a setup in someone’s own personal yard, though it is an apartment complex property, it would make no difference if that setting was similar to a backyard setting with a pool and rod iron fence around it.
5. Referencing kc8’s notes about how sensitive that 5K unit is with it’s specific design parameters and tight tuning window, the photos, both sets, once again proves my entire point from day one..that beyond these simple setups..ie no elaborate ground radial system..that it won’t do very well in such cases without sacrificing the touted 98% efficiency.
6. These sets of photos, and kc8’s reports here within this thread, shows how he managed to get decent tuning out of the thing with both setup configurations.
7. Further back in this thread, kc8 does note that the 5K unit is sensitive with the top plate of the home built Isotron kc8 used.
8. The provided photos given are to..for lack of better word…debunk the claim of conflict in statements between myself and kc8 within this thread.
9. The Isotron can work outdoors. Thus replace the simple whip as seen in the photos with one. There is nothing preventing one from doing so just because someone or photos says “ye cant have Isotron on this!”
10..and final note on this by me…there is no reason for textual content regarding the set of photos as those photos are provided for another reason..not to show or indicate or suggest anything about field strength whatsoever. They are provided to show the two setup conditions to which kc8 reported in his own words further back in this thread, that THAT is how he was able to get the thing to function within it’s tight window of tuning.
Confetti…it’s fun to throw out there but eventually you throw enough of it and you find yourself the only one digging out from under it.