Total posts : 45366
Hi Guys: I have the Talking house Ver. 5.0 & the I.A.M. Radio Tx.
1) Sometimes chaging location will get rid of the hum.
2) Sometimes moving power cord around will sometime get rid of hum.
3) Sometime doing changes, doesn’t work at all.
4) I went from 3 to 2 pronge input and it reduce hum a little, But hum was still there.
I have tried these with my 2 transmitters.
Power supply insides.
I have taken taken the power supply appart and this is what i found inside.
1) The input side is well built.
2) The output is poorly designed.
a) It has only 4 diodes, 2 toroids and that’s it !
b) 1st toroid has 2 seperate windings on 1 toroid core.(Wrap on Round Core )
c) 2nd toroid has a couple of wraps before exits out of power supply
( wraped on rectangle core ).
Another issue i found on my power supply was that the ground wire was sheared off.
So need to check the ground with a meter one end of the 3 prong ( round ) to end of power supply cord ( outside ring ).
If Broken you will need a small deep nut driver to take apart, Keeping the back to you then look for a brown wire you will see go from front to back of power supply on right hand side,that’s your ground wire.
As for power supply tx input voltage goes, It goes to a voltage regulated transistor inside tx and it it regulated out to the circuit inside.
NOTE: Allot of the voltage regulated transistors will take a wide input voltage and reduce the ouput voltage to 1 steady output voltage to circuit.
In my own opion you should use a well regulated power supply.
Hope this helps