Total posts : 45366
You can’t see it but there is a ground rod connected to the chicken wire and the xmtr. I picked this spot because it has grass growing and keeps moist. I soldered everything togather. Even where the chicken wire crosses each other I soldered them togather including the connection to the ground rod.. That was fun..lol I soldered a short piece of copper wire to the ground rod before pounding it into the ground so I know I have connection to it..
I have the adjustment there. I may suggest an improvment to it. I’ll try it on the next one..
Take a piece of the 1/2″ copper pipe about 12″ long and make 1 cut the length on one side. Now you can spread it open some and it will fit over the bottom of the top adjusting element. Bump it up over the upper element untill it’s flush to the bottom. Sweat it in a couple of places so it don’t slide up and down while adjusting. This fills the gap between the 1/2″ and the 3/4″ pipe. Now all you need to do is cut one slot in the 3/4″ pipe and maybe only need 1 clamp. A file is needed to get the burrs from the cut on the 1/2″ “filler” piece to get a good fit. I haven’t tried it yet but it sure does look like it would work great..