Total posts : 45366
How can you call it a “pop” quiz? Quizes aren’t popular.
I can’t find a single instance where either true or false applies to the 5 learnings (Things I Learned Reading This Thread – Neil Radio8Z) because all the situations are conditional upon other factors not reflected in the learnings as stated.
1. The C.Crane FM2 Part 15 Transmitter can be used as a calibration standard. ANSWER: IF NEW AND UNMODIFIED MAYBE WITH FAITH
2. There is a secret power adjustment pot which can be used to set the field strength to the legal limit since the manufacturer didn’t bother to do this at the factory. ANSWER: HALF TRUE BECAUSE WE WERE NEVER AT THE FACTORY BUT HAVE THE POT
3. Turning down the power of a transmitter and using a better antenna will make it last longer. ANSWER: LESS OF A MISMATCH REDUCES STRESS EQUALS LONGER LIFE
4. Turning down the power of a transmitter and using a better antenna reduces harmonics. ANSWER: NO IT’S THE COIL THAT DOES IT
5. Adding a loading coil makes a transmitter more efficient. ANSWER: NOT AUTOMATICALLY AND IT’S MORE THE ANTENNA, OR REALLY THE WHOLE SYSTEM, BUT THE COIL MUST BE RESONANT OR THERE’S NO POINT TO IT.
6. Adding designer stripes to a car makes it more efficient. ANSWER: THOUSANDS OF RACE CAR DRIVERS SWEAR BY IT.
Oh, wait a minute… it WAS a trick question: TRUE.