Total posts : 45366
Over at another neutral site, I got the originator of the Challenge to effectively admit that they likely did not tune the AMT5000 correctly. He still is blaming the documentation, and defending the test on the basis that from the beginning, he intended to use transmitters as delivered, and set up according to the documentation provided. That is all fine and good, to a point, but it certainly shows that the Challenge results have to be taken with a grain of salt. I certainly would not use the results if I wanted to choose the transmitter which would give me OPTIMUM field strength, even if I did have to work a little at it and do some more research.
And, of course, as I pointed out over there, if they had used the AMT5000 as it was delivered from the manufacturer, they would be testing a bunch of unconnected electronic components.