Total posts : 45366
Here is what I have found so far:
– Used batteries to power transmitter and carried a small portable around to listen for hum.
– Unable to localize the source(s).
– Shut off my Main circuit breaker (then shut off each circuit breaker)
– The hum disappeared.
– Turned Main back on and started flipping switches, one at a time, until the hum cam back. I found that three switches resulted in a hum.
– Chose one switch to try to track source. I found an AC adapter used to charge my cell phone as the source of the noise in this circuit. Two circuits left.
– After a bit more investigative work sniffing around with my little AM portable I localized the next source to our refrigerator. Looks like I’m going to have to get an AC line conditioner for the fridge.
– The last circuit is a doozy. There are multiple dimmer switches on this circuit and it will take me some time to track down the culprit(s).
In any case, it’s sure nice to hear what the actual transmission quality is like!