Total posts : 45366
* Computer with good backups. OS does not matter.
* Mic (medium grade or better – it’s AM..)
* Backup Computer ready to go in case the other one fails.
Face it, if you are on a budget, you can buy a pair of 700+MHz computers with 20GB disks for about 150.00 if you dig through your local newspaper, craigslist.com, whatever. It’s really all you NEED to run a station.
What *I* would do is this (minimalist):
* Computer x2
* Console with at LEAST 8 Channels
* Pair of CD decks
* At least a Behringer B1 model Mic
* Quiet mic stand (OCWhite types are nice)
* Copies of my mp3’s on audio cd’s
And to add to that:
* Pair of turntables (Tech. 1200’s or Gemini clones if I can afford it)
* A tape playback deck
* A tape recording unit (maybe a 3rd computer to handle this instead?)
* A second Mic
* A telephone line
* Telephone patch
thats about it for me…