Hi Guys Sorry i’m not on much been busy antenna construction and manuals etc.
Let me tell you about the antenna i built and used.
I will not Disclose to much do to i’m still making update to the antenna.
1) Talking House 5.0 with original power supply.
2) 25 feet of RG6u cable loss loss. ( I found using any more length loss was more noticeable)
3) Talking Sign Atu ( Fcc Approved )
4) Antenna Is aprox 6 foot in length. ( This Is all i disclose at this time ).
5) NOTE: NO COMPRESSOR OR LIMITER WAS USED IN TEST !!!!
1) Talking House 5.0 TX was in garage, 3 feet 8 inches from floor to bottom of tx in a single level home.
2) ATU & ANT Was placed 15 feet and 8 inches away from the house in a east direction.
3) ATU Was mounted 5 feet 3 inches from ground and meter faced north.
4) ANTENNA Was mounted 6 feet of ground. ( Ground to bottom of ant element ).
5) Attached 75 ohm cable to TX Then placed cable 5 feet 3 inches off ground and ran in a horzontial position to the ATU unit.
6) REPEAT NO EXTRA GROUND WAS ADDED !!!!
Just antenna & power supply Ground that came with the talking house 5.0 transmitter!!!
1) Truck Radio Used PANASONIC DP22
2) My North and west where my better range. 4 miles good, 4.6 mile fringed.
3) My east and south was not to hot. 1/2 mile good, up to 1 mile very spotty.
When i drove out north i put my radio audio volume on 20 i only really had 1 complete small drop out ( 2 feet ),But the rest was a good signal.
To give you an idea on what my signal was take a commercial 1,000 watt am station about 40 mile from you that’s what my signal sound like at 2 mile and even at 4 miles away on a car radio.
I will reply to your questions,But please give me time i’m a busy person at this time.
If You would like more information you can find me at the ALPB meeting and you can always ask me question there.
ALPB Meeting 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month at 8pm eastern time.